Sunday, March 5, 2023

Simple Strip Square Baby Quilt with free pattern

 Another baby boy is coming - I have quite a few scraps piling up, so I decided it was time to make a quilt with some of the strips of fabric I had left from various quilts. It went together very quickly.


I'm sure there are many out there who have the "gift" and they would have put these strips together differently, and then these blocks wouldn't look like they were made up out of scraps, but that these fabrics had been carefully chosen - but after a little of playing with fabric I decided to just get to work sewing the blocks together.



I'm not sure why exactly, but 
something about making a quilt out of scraps feels virtuous. Is it just me? Somehow I feel like I'm eco friendly or being extra smart and thrifty or something. OK, it's probably just me, ha ha! But I like how it turned out. It's colorful and fun and used up a bunch of things that were making me feel guilty for buying more fabric... Maybe it's not virtuous at all - it just makes me feel good because now I can go back to the fabric store!

If you would like the pattern, it's free. You don't have to give me your email address or subscribe or any of that. I just figured I will be able to find it again if I put it on my blog, and why not share it if anyone would like it. Here is the link to the pattern: Strip Square Baby Quilt. 

Have a great day! 🧵

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...