Friday, September 22, 2017

OH NO! Bleeding red dye!!

I am so discouraged. I washed all my red fabric, I really did. Then I put it in a bucket of water to see if any of it was still bleeding. Nada. So why is this happening???

I had marked this block with the marker that disappears when you get it wet. I sprayed it and went to press the block and look what happened -AAAHHHH.

Why does red have to be the most unstable dye color? Why does it have to be my favorite color? Why do I keep wanting to put it into quilts? When will I learn???












And look at these other blocks that have this same fabric in them, (In my mind as I see these pictures I hear music from a scary movie)! I can change the ones that just have this for a border, but what about the applique?


Now I'm trying to decide: should I just attack it now, pick out millions of stitches and get this fabric out of my quilt - or should I put it all away for a little while and come back to it later?










Aaargh.  I love quilting, really, I  do...

Big frowny face.

1 comment:

  1. OH Dear! did you dry it in the dryer? if not, try washing it with color guard (or the other brand that i can't think of right now). good luck. i'm always so shocked at the people who don't prewash their fabric, because this is going to happen. then there are the precuts that can't be washed...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...