Thursday, April 10, 2014

Easy, Beautiful Table Runner

Last week we ran down to Utah for a visit. All 6 of my siblings live there within a half an hour of each other, but I always stay with my youngest brother. He just has a comfortable set up, he is the closest to SLC, and his wife is a fabulous cook and goes all out to spoil us  - who wouldn't want to stay there?


A couple of days before we left I decided I should make something for them, so I made this. I love the fabric!


I don't even know what it is called, the little piece I bought didn't have it on the selvage, but isn't it sweet?


I used a flower motif in my quilting. the large flower is in the border, the leaves are repeated in the sashing, and you can't tell but the flower part is repeated in the blocks.


My sister in law loved it, and immediately put it on the table in their front room! It is pretty simple, but it turned out nicely. It only took a few hours to complete.

I'll store this simple pattern away for the next time I need a quick gift. If you made it a little larger it could even be a (fast and easy) baby quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...