Friday, April 4, 2014

DIY Ironing board cover!


Well, for my birthday I got these two books -


and a new iron.  Now I couldn't just put my new iron on my old ironing board - look at this cover! I've been trying to remember just how old this is...I think about 20 years (how embarrassing!). It just never made it to the top of my list, ya know?



So, TA DA! It was so easy I don't know why I didn't do it a very LONG time ago! Here is the link to the tutorial I used, it is very easy to understand.


I don't know if you remember my binding disaster back here... but I saved that binding, and it is just great for this project, the colors do match, but who is ever going to see it anyway?


And here is my new iron! It has a titanium base so NOTHING is supposed to stick to it, even if I iron the wrong side of fusible interfacing!

I am so happy that I finally got around to making it, why did I wait? It makes my whole sewing room look cheerful!!

5 comments:

  1. I just got a new ironing board. My other one got all bent up. I need to make a cheery cover for mine. Might have to investigate that tutorial....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I need to do this! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking for a tutorial for one of these. I'm sure it's not hard, I just need some direction to get me going, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent! I'd love to see you join link up with us at the Inspire Us Thursdays! link party at www.theinspiredwren.com.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...