Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I've come a long way, baby!


Before I started quilting I had never sewn a ¼ inch seam. I had never heard of a fat quarter.

I pictured something entirely different when I heard the word “featherweight”.

UFO’s were from outer space. A WIP was someone’s spelling error.
I had been sewing clothing forever, if you had told me a seam was 1/8 of an inch off I would have said, “So what?”.
I had never even dreamed of a bias binding, let alone how to make one!

The only mitered corners I had sewn were on places like the inside of the placket on a man’s suit coat sleeve.
I had never appliquéd anything – ever.
I never starched fabric before I cut it out.
I thought quilting was for really OLD ladies.

Walking foot? Weren't all feet for walking?

Although I have a Bachelors degree in Clothing and Textiles, I have only been quilting for about 3 years. I am living proof that you CAN teach an old dog new tricks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...