Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Felt Un-Paper Dolls

I love my embroidery machine!  It's so wonderful to be back in the States and have all my machines again! Look at these adorable dolls! This is my first 'in the hoop' (ITH) project. I saw a picture of them online and thought my granddaughter would love it - and she does!  I sent four of them off yesterday for a craft fair this weekend.


One side has a little bed that you can slide the doll into, and the other side has a dresser and little basket for the kitty.  There are 3 different outfits she can wear. 

I made every piece from felt so I wouldn't have to worry about dangling threads or fraying. The way the pattern is designed has plenty of embellishment to put on the outfits so they look fine on a solid color of fabric.

I put a little piece of Velcro on the back of the clothes and the kitty so they will stick securely where they are put. My granddaughter carried hers around like a purse on her shoulder all day :)


You can find the pattern HERE if you are interested in an ITH project. There is a wonderful tutorial on the website that has every step of the way outlined.

My first one turned out perfect!  Of course, then I thought I knew what I was doing so I started making mistakes because I wasn't checking to make sure I was following the tutorial... Everything was fixable, just wasted some of my time, lol!  Did I learn my lesson? Probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...