Wednesday, July 4, 2018

A "Quilty" Place!

Roy and I recently took a trip to Ireland and England. Of course while we were there I noticed a few sewing related things (doesn't everyone?).



We were driving down the wrong side of the road, which was perfectly OK, when I looked up and saw a sign for the "Quilty Tavern"! Interesting. I imagined that all the patrons sat around quilting while they socialized and drank a pint. But I don't think that would have very good results. I thought maybe it has decor with a quilt theme, little wall hangings everywhere. Perhaps this tavern is owned by a famous quilter?



Then when we got into town and I noticed the Quilty Credit Union I realized that was the name of the town!


Later on we were walking down the street and I realized the name of the street I was on!



Then as we were exploring in the Cotswolds I found this adorable place!  In case you can't tell from the picture the name of this house is "Thimble Cottage".


OK, get ready -- What if you lived in Quilty on Threadneedle Street in a house named Thimble Cottage?  Of course you would eat at the Quilty Tavern and bank at the Quilty Credit Union.  WOW.

Sounds like my kind of place!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a great time. Love the theme of the area.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...