Sunday, December 4, 2011

Playing with my dolls...

When you were a little girl did you have a doll house?  I used to really enjoy arranging all the furniture and dolls as if we had caught them in the middle of real life.  When I put out all of my Nativities I always feel like I am playing with my dollhouse again!

I love setting these all up (taking them down-not so much!).  One of the things that attracts me most to Nativities is that wherever I have traveled they make the Nativities with figures from their own culture!



This is one of my favorites, isn't it adorable?  





Both of these first two are from Brazil, it is such a huge country, there are many different cultures there.
This one is from Chichicastenango, Guatemala. (I just love the name of that city!)
This one is from Peru.  Thanks to my husband's job we have traveled quite a a bit, and where ever we go I'm always on the lookout for a unique Nativity to add to my collection.  Believe it or not, this is just a teeny, tiny portion of my collection...more later!

2 comments:

  1. What an interesting thing to collect. how cool it is to see the same "theme" portrayed so many different ways. Just shows the special touches of each culture. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful, and a really great thing to collect. Each will have a special memory, too. Thanks for sharing these with us.

    PS: Yes, I had a doll house. Even though the house is long gone, I still have most of the furniture.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...