Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Finished Nativity Quilt!

My new favorite quilt!
I love seeing this hanging in my entry way, it makes me smile every time I walk by.  I'm so happy to have my Nativity Quilt finished!  I love each of the little figures in it.  This goes wonderfully with all of the Nativities I have collected - that is my Christmas theme.  I don't have anything against Santa and his elves, but I don't want my family to forget what this wonderful season is really about!  I think that is one of the things I love about quilts so much, they are so versatile in technique, color, pattern and meaning!  You can celebrate or express just about anything with a quilt.

 I really like the poinsettia fabric with the black background.  I don't have any leftover selvage scraps to tell me what the name of this fabric is, but I sure would love some more for some throw pillows!

I am so excited for this season to finally be here.  I always feel anxious to get everything ready so I can enjoy things.  My shopping is pretty much done, decorating - mostly done.  I do have some more sewing and a lot of baking to do.  Let the holidays begin!

1 comment:

  1. It's lovely and cute at the same time. The poinsettia fabric would make cheery throw pillows. I have several Nativity scenes, too, plus an assortment of old fashioned Santa Clauses. For some reason, the old fashioned ones seem more like St. Nicholas than Santa.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...