Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Easy FMQ Stipple pattern - yay!

OK, I tried it out, and it really is easy! On my first try I was a little timid, so I did it with red thread on red polka-dot fabric...
...but you can barely see it in the picture! Aargh! So I got brave and did another sample on white fabric...
...and it was still OK! Now, I know it isn't perfect. The idea came from something made by a machine, and I wouldn't want anyone to think mine was done by a machine! And I ran out of bobbin thread in the middle (don't you hate that!?!), but how often do I quilt with red thread on plain white fabric? Well, NEVER, so I think I will be using this on the baby quilt I am working on right now, and I will let you know how it turns out. Remember to just think dog bone flipping back and forth, and give it a try next time you are doing some FMQ!

UPDATE:  You may want to check this post to see a tip I discovered when I quilted this pattern on a baby quilt.

2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...