Thursday, October 27, 2011

Dog bone FMQ...

OK, I used this pattern on the baby quilt I made - and I learned some important things. If you keep it going vertically it looks great
But - if you think that by stretching it out a little horizontally because you want to hurry up and finish your quilt, well, that looks AWFUL!
Yuck! Yuck! Yuck! Isn't that embarrassing? Luckily I only do my experimental quilting on things I quickly say good-bye to. I took it to quilt guild last night and stuffed it into the charity box quickly before anyone could see it. Of course I folded it with the good side facing up. NOT that I don't think you should give good things to charity, don't take me wrong, but if I did my experimental quilting on quilts I was going to look at all the time I would be too afraid to ever try anything new. OK, want one more peek?
Can you tell where I realized what it was looking like and fixed what I was doing? Here is what the whole quilt looks like, from a distance you won't be distracted by the quilting...
(By the way, I think this is the easiest Baby Quilt pattern ever, I feel another post coming on - when I have made one that I am actually proud of!)

1 comment:

  1. You are funny. :) It really wasn't that bad. Besides, you just put something very nice and useful in the charity box. Nothing at all wrong with it - nothing at all like giving away pants with a broken zipper.

    I do see what you mean, though. The pattern looks better when stitched closer together, but it doesn't hurt the serviceability of the item.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...