Monday, May 24, 2021

Riga, Bugs Life Baby Quilt

So - before Covid we committed to sell our house because my husband was going to be the President of the Baltic Mission. So, to make a long story less long, we sold our home and then couldn't get to our mission because of the pandemic, we lived with friends or in hotels for months, and then we finally made it to our mission 9 months late. Whew. So, we have been here for almost 2 months. We received all the things we stored to ship to Latvia, so I have my Bernina! A very nice lady I met just had a baby last week, so I'm making a baby quilt. That was actually a pretty short story!

There was a little sewing machine here with some notions and some fabric, so I adopted some cute bug fabric and put it with some fabric I had in my shipment and made a boy baby quilt. I have the top finished, hopefully I will get it quilted and bound this week.

Some of the fun is missing though - I don't have any quilty friends here! No one to point out how perfectly the corners in my four-patches come together. No body to say, "Hey, all your little bug squares are right side up!". You know, things quilty friends say and it makes you feel good.

My Quilting Queen friend would notice all those little things, but wouldn't mention anything I didn't do well. Of course, I would point those out to her, in case she hadn't noticed (ya know, that red gingham was printed totally off grain!)😄...  I miss her! I also miss the little group I would get together with at the church on Tuesdays.

I finished a whole bunch of quilts before we moved, but I was so busy, I didn't have time to put them on the blog, so now that I'm missing all my quilty friends, I will gradually put them up here and pray for comments from kind strangers!


2 comments:

  1. So cute! I'm glad you can find a little time for quilting. I too miss our little Tuesday quilt group. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy! It's great to hear from you! I hope you and your family are all doing well. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...