Thursday, March 28, 2019

A Pirate Baby Quilt!

I have a new grandson! That makes grandchild number 8 for us. I love babies - there is just nothing like holding a newborn baby!   :)
Of course I made this baby a quilt (and a receiving blanket and burp cloths)  I forgot to take a picture of the receiving blanket and burp cloths but I do have a picture of the quilt!  I decided to go with a Pirate theme because I found some cute Pirate fabric. I also found a free pattern HERE that worked well with this fabric. I like how it turned out. It is a simple pattern that didn't take a ton of time - which is good because it seems like I have about a million things I'm trying to do right now. 
They call the pattern a play mat because of a one directional print that they used around the outside of the quilt, and it faces a different direction on each side, so there isn't a "right side up".

Now that the baby is here I'm trying to spend time over there everyday to help with the older kids (a 4 year old, 3 year old and 20 month old).  Their mom needs any help I can give her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...