Monday, January 21, 2019

My Bionic Gear Bag


This has been on my "I want to sew" list for quite a while!  There seems to be a lot of drama surrounding this pattern - I happen to be a member of two different facebook groups who have differing opinions about the drama. 

All I know is that there were some changes on the Craftsy (now Blueprint) website where I bought it. The designer was unhappy with the changes and now if I download that pattern it is unusable. It seems that because she was upset with Craftsy she took it out on  her customers. Luckily I had already downloaded the pattern! The pattern is 36 pages long and so wordy it takes forever to get through it!

My pattern mentions free help online, but that has also changed.  The pattern designer must know her pattern isn't well written, because now she offers classes and workshops that you can pay $$ for that will walk you through the steps to make one of these.  My problem with this pattern is that for a $12 pattern you  shouldn't need to buy additional classes in order to understand it.  In 36 pages she didn't make the instructions clear.


I got through it, but I made mistakes and wasted some fabric and pulled out all my hair!  AAAHHH!  I like the bag but if I were just starting this process I would buy one of the other similar patterns out there, and there are some that DO have free tutorials on YouTube. 


I do like the bag, but if I make it again I will make some changes so that I'm not sewing through so many layers, it's really ridiculous.  Whew.  So that's my review of this very useful and cute bag that has a poorly written pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...