Saturday, October 28, 2017

Peeling Print on your T-shirt?

I wish I had taken a picture! Well, I didn't think of it, but here is a fix for a poorly done heat transfer on a T-shirt that starts to peel off.  Now, this is not the same as an old print that is cracking, I didn't try it on one of those, I suspect the results might not be the same.

Lay shirt flat on ironing board, you are going to be applying a lot of heat, and you don't want to press wrinkles into your shirt that will be difficult to remove. Put a piece of parchment paper over the peeling print and press over that with a hot iron - about 10 seconds.  DON'T TOUCH YOUR IRON DIRECTLY TO YOUR SHIRT!  Wait 30 seconds and slowly peel the parchment paper off.  I did  this while it was still warm, but not totally cooled off.  If you missed a spot and part of it is still peeling, just do it again.

I fixed two shirts for my grandkids that were visiting me, and they are as good as new!  They were cheap shirts bought in the Old City of Jerusalem, but I would like for them to enjoy the shirts as long as they can.

If you want your printed shirts to last longer, wash and dry them inside out - or better yet, don't put them in the dryer at all.

Good luck with your shirt!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...