Sunday, January 15, 2017

Marble Quilt Blocks!


Today we visited the Dome of the Rock and the Al Aqsa Mosque. My hubby makes friends with everyone, and one just happened to be able to take us on a special tour! We invited the other couples who live here to come along.

Here we are inside the Dome of the Rock!

We saw "the rock" and "the Well of Souls" and admired the intricate painting and designs all over the ceiling and walls. Absolutely gorgeous!


Then we went inside the Al Aqsa Mosque, and you know what I started thinking about?




QUILT BLOCKS!


Made out of marble...


but really inspiring,



don't you think?



Wow!


And how about this? Wow. I think I'm going to be spending some time on my EQ7 program, seeing if I can get some of these figured out!

Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Those are inspiring designs. You could design a project for our quilt group to make after you return home.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...