Friday, April 29, 2016

My Method for Rotary Cutting Strips

I was working on a quilt the other day, and thought I would share what I do when I'm cutting small pieces off a long strip.


I went down to the hardware store a while back and bought the heaviest washers I could find, and I use them for weights. I use them on tissue patterns so I can cut with my rotary cutter.  I also use them to keep my long strips in place while I make my cuts.


It keeps me from having to readjust the strips each time, and I feel like it gets me a more accurate cut.

I even off the beginning, then just move the weights as I get to them. It's amazing how many helpful little things actually come from the hardware store instead of a quilt shop!

Have a happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...