Saturday, July 25, 2015

Butterfly Quilt

My daughter picked out the pattern for this quilt for her new baby girl. Some quilts seem to call for grid quilting, I like how it looks on this quilt.

There are several parts that are wool felt applique - not the softest for a baby quilt, in my humble opinion. But because she requested it, I even did some hand sewing!

I'm hoping that as it gets washed it will soften up a bit.

The pattern called for a few embellishments that I had second thought on - some beads and ribbon rose buds and such. No choking hazards on a quilt from grandma, please!!

I did put a cuddly flannel back on it. It goes well with the nursery -

And here is the label. I think the label is my favorite part of the quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...