Monday, March 16, 2015

Infant Busy Book

I made a busy book for my little grandson.  He is still in the stage where he
hits himself in the face with things, and not much dexterity in his fingers...


So this is soft embroidered pages with bright colors and different textures.


I made the pages "crinkly" by cutting circles from the wax paper inside a box of cereal, it is more heavy duty than the wax paper you buy in rolls. It makes a nice crinkle sound when he plays with the pages.


On the backs of the pages I put different textures of fabrics - satin, corduroy, velvet, fleece, velour...


I put little loops of ribbon around on different pages - that was actually grabbed his attention first!


I made button holes in the top of the pages so I could just tie it with a ribbon, then I put a few stitches through the bow so it wouldn't come untied. Nothing hard if he hits himself with it or chews on it.

Grandma approved.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...