Thursday, April 18, 2013

Attaching Acufeed feet on the Janome Horizon 8900

I'm planning a post about my new sewing machine!!  But meanwhile - I have heard several questions about how to attach the Acufeed feet, it is very different from the 7700 which I know and love!

So if this a question that you have, a picture is worth 1000 words, right?

 Here is the base for the wide Acufeed feet and the stitch in the ditch foot. It is not the same as the one for the 7700, you have to buy new feet.   :(
I'm doing this one handed so I can take pictures, but you have to slide the little plastic opening onto the post inside the foot... If you enlarge this picture it is much easier to see.
When it is all the way on it looks like this.
After you screw the foot on there is this metal loop sticking out in the back. Until that is pushed in the foot will not work, see how part of the foot is sticking up at an angle?
When that metal loop is pushed in the foot looks like this, and you are ready to go!

Have fun!!






1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...