Thursday, June 7, 2012

Baby Girl Quilt



Hummm.  In my head this was so much cuter! It's funny how you choose fabrics that you love and put them together and then scratch your head.


Or maybe that only happens to me? I bought flannel for the back, but the rest of the quilt is all from pieces I already had for different projects...you may see some pieces from my curtains, my Valentine quilt, lap top cover, diaper bag for my daughter, or a tote bag I made a while back...

I like the quilt, I just thought it would be more "WOW" or something. I FMQ  it with a pattern that is starting to come easier each time I use it. I like the "swirlyness"  Is that a word?

 I found this free pattern online, it is called "Speedy Baby 2" I changed the large center block to a smaller one with patchwork around it.
This might be my best machine binding that I have done yet, I am proud of all 4 corners (there is usually one I want to hide...)!  And, I didn't even unpick any and re do them, how's that?

I hope the little girl this is for enjoys the bright colors and pretty flowers!  Now, on to another baby quilt for my second grandbaby coming next month!!


3 comments:

  1. I love it! It's bright and cheery. The quilting is awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute quilt! I know that little baby will love it! And lucky 2nd grandbaby! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, too! Congratulations on the new grandbabies.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...