Thursday, March 29, 2012

My new Travel Bag!

I made myself a bag to carry around when we go on a trip next month!!
I may have fallen in love with the pattern because the sample bag was my favorite color - can you guess what that is??  It has all these wonderful pockets. The side that you see above has a zipper pocket and another pocket behind.


On each side there is a large pocket to fit a water bottle or umbrella or phone.  I even bought the cord and cord locks to make it look professional.


The back has a wide pocket, I slipped a magazine in there so you could see how wide it is. I couldn't get a good picture of the inside, but it is divided in half by a large zipper pocket, and there are pockets on both sides of the lining. The whole thing zips shut to keep everything inside safe and sound.


This is a picture of the pattern -- it is great.  If you think it is as wonderful as I do you can get it here.

I used Soft and Stable interfacing for the main parts of the bag.  It really makes it stand up and look good!

I scaled it down so it is 2 inches shorter and narrower - I'm a small person, and the bag was just a little too big for me.

You know how when you make something,  you know every little thing that didn't turn out quite as you wanted?  I love the bag, and will be happy to carry it around and use it... but I will make a few confessions. I did not realize that my fabric was directional!! Arrgh! Now when I look at it I see that I've got things pointing all different directions.

And I bought these cute little purse feet, and some how I didn't get them put on before I sewed in the lining. Now I'm going to have to try to figure out if I can manage to get them on from the outside.  Oh well.  I love my bag anyway!

3 comments:

  1. I saw an article a few days ago and the writer used buttons for the 'feet' on a bag. That might work for you because you can sew them on after the bag is finished. Your bag is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...