Sunday, April 26, 2020

Hello again...and sailboats

Wow, it's almost been a year since I posted anything. Yikes!

My life is about to change - my husband has been called to be the president of the Baltic Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is a 3 year assignment where we will be responsible for about 100 missionaries, most of whom are 18-21 years old. We will be living in Riga, Latvia! The more I learn about that beautiful part of the world, the more excited I am to go!

I did finish the quilt I talked about in a previous post, so I thought I would share. I owed this second grandchild a quilt!




This quilt is for Sam, he shares a room with James and their bedroom has a nautical theme, and I wanted this quilt to be similar to one I made for his older brother, so I designed this one.

I made lighthouse blocks and sailboat blocks. I had fun quilting them - I don't know if you can see that I have "light rays" quilted as if they are shining from the light, and swirly wind in the sky.


The Sailboat blocks have the swirly sky and water waves on the lower part of the block.

The quilt I made for big brother was for his toddler bed, so it is much smaller. I didn't want to get into making another quilt for each child, so I took the old quilt, took off the binding, added another border around the whole thing so it is the same size as the new quilt. I know you're not supposed to do that, but I did anyway! :)  Of course, now I look at these pictures and wonder why I didn't do two borders, the first one gray like the other quilt. Oh well. Better done than ... something. What is that saying?


Now they each have a twin sized quilt with the nautical theme and they both love their quilts!


I sure do love these boys!!


Of course I always document this on every quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...